The legal services in India provided by our local team of attorneys are tailored for both individuals and businesses. Our legal team has extensive experience in various areas of law, including corporate, commercial, intellectual property, and litigation.
Our goal is to offer personalized solutions to meet our client’s unique needs and we are committed to offering efficient and cost-effective solutions, via a proactive approach both in complex corporate taxes and in personal matters.
India has a complex legal system comprising of different laws and regulations and it is advisable to choose to work with a law firm in India that understands the particularities of the legal system.
Legal services for businesses
We provide legal services to companies of all sizes, including startups, small and medium-sized businesses, or large corporations interested in expanding to India.
The following are examples of the legal solutions we offer to businesses in India:
- Litigation: our lawyers specializing in dispute resolution assist clients who need legal representation in commercial litigation, as well as those who have the option to use alternative dispute resolution methods;
- Company formation: our lawyers in India are ready to assist you if you plan on opening a company in the country, or if you are the representative of a foreign company interested in expanding to India;
- Corporate and commercial: legal assistance with company mergers and acquisitions, or company restructuring; our legal services in India also include commercial contracts drafting and vetting;
- Intellectual property: services for trademark and patent applications, issues concerning copyrights in India or assistance in infringement cases.
Our tax attorneys in India assist company owners who have questions about the country’s taxes for companies. For informative purposes, we highlight the main taxes for companies below, as local and foreign companies are subject to different taxation regimes:
- the corporate income tax rate is 30% for domestic companies and 40% for foreign companies and branches thereof; to this, a surcharge applies;
- qualifying domestic companies can be subject to a concessional taxation regime with a reduced corporate income tax rate of 22%;
- the Indian goods and services tax (the equivalent of the VAT) has several rates: 28%, 18%, 12%, 5%, and 0%.
Tax law compliance is available as part of our services for businesses in India.
Legal solutions for personal clients
Our personal clients come to us with a variety of legal matters, from assistance for divorce to wills and inheritance, or employment issues.
An important part of the legal services in India that we offer to our private clients are those related to immigration. Relocating to a new country can be a challenging step, and this can be even more so when we are taking into account the cultural differences many foreigners experience when they first travel to the country. If you are interested in relocation and are ready to take the first steps towards immigration to India, you can choose to work with one of our reliable lawyers for legal assistance.
Our Indian lawyers help private clients with the following:
- Family Law: we help clients deal with divorce proceedings, handle child custody or adoption matters, prepare wills or handle succession in India, as well as solve cases that involve international couples;
- Immigration: as stated above, an important part of our practice focuses on immigration; we can answer questions both about residency in India and about citizenship in India;
- Employment: if you are employed in India, you can reach out to our team for issues such as certain clauses in your employment agreement, or issues concerning discrimination, unfair dismissals, or workplace investigations, among others;
- Different other solutions: our legal services in India also include assistance for clients interested in property purchase, or those who have been involved in medical malpractice, or personal injury cases.
You can always reach out to us for more information about the legal services we provide to our private clients. For legal representation in criminal charges or investigations, please reach out to us as soon as possible and schedule an initial consultation to find out how we can help you when time is essential for your case.
Contact our Indian law firm to find out more about our legal services in India and how we can help you.